Grape Leaf Packages With Soft Cheese And Almonds
|Cream cheese||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), ground|
|Dates||2 Tablespoon, pitted, chopped|
|Almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), slivered|
1. Soak the grape leaves in water to remove saltiness, if mentioned on the package.
2. Drain them and pat dry on paper toweling.
3. In a small skillet melt the butter.
4. Add the slivered almonds, and sautÃ© them for 2-3 minutes until evenly golden.
5. Take pan off the heat, and set aside to cool.
6. In the mean time, in a large mixing bowl, add the cream cheese.
7. Whisk the cheese until smooth and creamy.
8. Fold in ground almonds, chopped dates and seasonings according to taste.
9. Stir in the cooled fried almonds and mix thoroughly.
10. Arrange the grape leaves on a clean counter
11. Spoon an equal amount of the cheese â€“ almond mixture in the center of each leaf.
12. Fold each leaf over the filling to make small parcels.
13. Enclose 2 grape-leaf parcels each in foil piece of foil.
14. Arrange the foil packages over a hot barbecue to cook the grape leaf parcels for about 10 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking.
15. Place one parcel on each serving plate and unwrap the foil, folding it around the edges.
16. Garnish the parcels with rosemary sprigs and tomato wedges.
17. Serve immediately accompanied with barbecued baby corn if you like.