Duck With Almonds
|Lean duck||1 Pound (500 Gram)|
|Fresh ginger root slices||2 , peeled and shredded|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Dried chinese mushrooms||4|
|Spring onions||4 , sliced|
|Canned bamboo shoots||4 Ounce, drained and sliced (1 Can, 125 Gram)|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Corn flour||2 Teaspoon|
|Flaked almonds||1 Ounce, flaked (25 Gram)|
1) Make small chunky pieces out of the duck.
2) In a bowl, combine duck with ginger and garlic.
3) Drizzle 1 tablespoon of oil. Cover the bowl and marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
4) In a bowl, add warm water to soak the mushrooms for 15 minutes, if using.
5) Squeeze out water to dry. Remove the hard stalks. Slice the mushroom caps.
6) In a wok or deep frying pan, add remaining oil to heat up.
7) Stir-fry spring onions for 30 seconds.
8) Add the duck to cook for 2 minutes.
9) Place in mushrooms, bamboo shoots, soy sauce and sherry. Cook for 2 more minutes.
10) In a small bowl, blend corn flour in water. Stir in this into the wok. Cook for a minute until the sauce turns thick.
11) Stir in the toasted almonds and serve immediately.