|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), firmly packed|
|Eggs||2 , well beaten|
|Sifted flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Bread crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Fine Dry)|
|Unbalanced almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), ground|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
1) In a bowl, add together the shortening and sugar and beat well till light and fluffy.
2) Blend in the eggs.
3) Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
4) Mix into the creamed mixture and blend well.
5) Stir in the crumbs, almonds, and raisins.
6) Scoop with a teaspoon and drop onto an ungreased baking sheet, arranging 3 inches apart.
7) Place in the oven at 350° F and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
8) Serve as a snack.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2471 Calories from Fat 1160
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 132 g203.2%
Saturated Fat 30.4 g152.1%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 423 mg141%
Sodium 1260.1 mg52.5%
Total Carbohydrates 314 g104.7%
Dietary Fiber 11.2 g44.8%
Sugars 230.5 g
Protein 31 g61.6%
Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 65% Iron 51.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet