|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), firmly packed|
|Eggs||2 , well beaten|
|Sifted flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Bread crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Fine Dry)|
|Unbalanced almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), ground|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
1) In a bowl, add together the shortening and sugar and beat well till light and fluffy.
2) Blend in the eggs.
3) Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
4) Mix into the creamed mixture and blend well.
5) Stir in the crumbs, almonds, and raisins.
6) Scoop with a teaspoon and drop onto an ungreased baking sheet, arranging 3 inches apart.
7) Place in the oven at 350° F and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
8) Serve as a snack.