Cranberry Almond Cookies
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cranberries||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Slivered almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs), toasted|
1. Collect and measure the required ingredients.
2. Sift the flour, baking soda and salt and keep aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 375°F before baking
4. In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and beat with an electric mixer until soft.
5. Gradually add the sugars, beating until the mixture is light and grainy.
6. Blend in almond extract and eggs, one at a time, beating well until incorporated into the creamed mixture.
7. Add the flour mixture and beat at a low speed until well blending to form a thick batter.
8. Gently fold in cranberries and almonds using a spatula.
9. Use a round tablespoon to drop the batter in heaps, onto the cookie sheets, leaving 2 inch space between each.
10. Bake them in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes until golden and dry.
11. Remove from oven and cool cookies slightly on baking sheets then carefully loosen with a spatula and slide them to on a wire rack to cool and harden.
12. Pack them and include in your Christmas or Holiday gift hampers.
Store baked cookies in a wax paper lined air tight container