Cranberry Almond Bark
|Chopped bitter sweet chocolate||12 Ounce (2 Cups)|
|Toasted whole almonds||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dried cranberries||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
MAKES ABOUT 3½ CUPS
1. Temper the dark chocolate as directed in Basic Tempered Chocolate (page 163).
2. Once the chocolate is tempered, pour the almonds and cranberries into the chocolate and stir with a rubber spatula until the nuts and fruit are completely coated.
3. Pour the chocolate mixture onto a sheet pan lined with parchment or waxed paper. Spread it as thinly as possible (only as thick as one layer of almonds and cranberries).
4. Allow the bark to set at room temperature for 1 hour (or 30 minutes in the refrigerator).
5. Using a chef's knife, cut the bark into bite-size pieces, about 1 inch.
6. Serve the bark immediately, or keep it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 weeks.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2453 Calories from Fat 1288
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 147 g226.2%
Saturated Fat 63.4 g316.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 67.4 mg2.8%
Total Carbohydrates 309 g102.9%
Dietary Fiber 33.6 g134.2%
Sugars 260.1 g
Protein 32 g64.6%
Vitamin A 4.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 28.9% Iron 75.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet