Health Nut Almond Oaties
|Whole natural almonds||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Old fashioned rolled oats||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Canned crushed pineapple in juice||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. On a baking sheet, scatter the almonds
3. Place in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly toasted.
4. Remove and cool.
5. Chop almonds and set aside.
6. In a mixing bowl, combine margarine with brown sugar and granulated sugar.
7. Beat the mixture with a wooden spoon or with an electric beater until it is light and fluffy.
8. Add egg and vanilla and beat until well incorporated
9. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
10. Add to the creamed mixture in batched and fold in.
11. Stir in oats, pineapple, raisins and chopped almonds.
12. Use a tablespoon to drop the batter onto a lightly greased baking sheet, keeping 2 inches space between each heap.
13. With the back of a fork, slightly flatten the mounds.
14. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until cookies are lightly browned.
15. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
16. Serve the cookies warm with tea or coffee.