|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Blanched almonds||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Shortening||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), melted|
|Confectioners sugar||7 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Pre heat the oven by setting it to 375° F
2) Take a bowl and beat eggs into it until mixture becomes lemon colored.
3) Add sugar slowly, a couple of tablespoons at a time.
4) Beat thoroughly after every addition.
5) Add the vanilla, almond and lemon juice blending them properly.
6) Sift flour together with salt.
7) Add it to the mixture of eggs blending well.
8) Add the shortening and stir it in.
9) Take a baking sheet and grease it lightly.
10) Drop the mixture to the baking sheet with the aid of a teaspoon keeping 3 inches distance between each drop.
11) Bake at moderate temperature in a pre-heated oven for 12 minutes.
12) Remove from oven in a warm condition.
13) Take a bowl and mix vanilla and confectioner’s sugar with water.
14) Stir continuously until well blended and smooth.
15) Brush the top of every cookie with it.
16) Serve as required.