|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cherry-vanilla ice cream||2 Quart|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), roasted|
1. Preheat the oven to 400-degree
2. Mark 8-inch circle on separate cookie sheet.
3. In a large saucepan, heat 1 cup water, butter and salt and bring to a boil.
4. Add flour all at once to the pan and then cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture leaves side of pan and forms stiff ball.
5. Remove from heat.
6. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and beating well after each addition, until mixture is smooth and shiny.
7. Drop 12 tablespoons mixture 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet
8. Place remaining puff mixture in pastry bag with large plain tip and pipe mixture onto cookie sheet using marked circle as guide for inside diameter.
9. Bake puffs and bake in for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch.
10. Turn off heat and cool the puffs and ring in oven with door ajar.
11. In another bowl, tip in the cream and whip cream with sugar until stiff.
12. Split puffs and ring crosswise. Fill lower half of each puff with ice cream; replace top. Place in refrigerator or freezer.
13. Spoon remaining ice cream onto lower half of ring; replace top.
14. Sprinkle the whipped cream on top of the rings and sprinkle with 2 or 3 tablespoons almonds.
15. Combine remaining almonds and cream in bowl and serve alongside stacked individual puffs that are around the ring. Serve at once