|Butter||3 Ounce, softened (75 Gram)|
|Castor sugar||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Eggs||2 Medium, beaten|
|Self rising flour||2 Ounce, sifted (50 Gram)|
|Ground almonds||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Almond essence||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Apricot jam||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Water||7 1⁄2 Milliliter (1/2 Teaspoon)|
|Toasted almonds||3 Ounce, chopped (75 Gram)|
|Butter||4 Ounce, softened (100 Gram)|
|Icing sugar||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Milk/Single cream||30 Milliliter (30 Milliliter)|
|Yellow food coloring||2 Drop|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Cherries/Grapes||32 , halved|
1) Preheat the oven to 350 Deg F (180 Deg C/Gas 4), grease and line two 8 inch square tins.
2) Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy; beat in the eggs, stir in the flour, almonds and almond essence., beat well.
3) Pour into the baking tins and bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 min until golden, well risen and firm; remove and turn out to cool on the wire rack.
4) Place the cake on a firm surface, cut out circles with a 3 inch cutter and the center of the circles with 1 inch cutter to make rings.
5 ) In a small saucepan, heat the apricot jam with water, allow to the boil, sieve, and glaze the rings on the outer side; roll to coat the rings in the chopped nuts.
6) Beat the butter until fluffy,
beat in the icing sugar , add the milk or cream to make a firm but spreading consistency of the mixture; add a few drops of yellow food colour.
7) Put the butter cream icing in a piping bag with a star nozzle; pipe out little shells around the edge of the top and around the central hole of each ring.
8) Stiffly whip the cream, put in a piping bag with a star nozzle and pipe out scrolls, stars or shells of cream in between the butter icing, garnish the cream with the cherry or grape halves.
9) Serve on a nice dish.
Calories 754 Calories from Fat 417
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g71.9%
Saturated Fat 18.1 g90.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 133.7 mg44.6%
Sodium 156.6 mg6.5%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g26.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.7%
Sugars 68.3 g
Protein 7 g14.4%
Vitamin A 18.5% Vitamin C 4.4%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet