|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), firmly packed|
|Eggs||2 , well beaten|
|Sifted flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ground unblanched almonds||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Chopped seedless raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Blend shortening and sugar to make it creamy and light.
3. Add eggs to the mixture and whisk well.
4. Sieve flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and once done transfer the flour mixture to creamed mixture.
5. Add crumbs, almonds and raisins and mix well.
6. Take ungreased baking sheet and at every 3 inch, drop the mixture using a teaspoon.
7. Put the sheet for baking for 12- 15 minutes.
8. Serve warm.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2420 Calories from Fat 1092
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 123 g189.7%
Saturated Fat 29.3 g146.5%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 423 mg141%
Sodium 1304.5 mg54.4%
Total Carbohydrates 317 g105.8%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35.1%
Sugars 230 g
Protein 29 g58.7%
Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 57.3% Iron 46.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet