|Sifted cake flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Liquid honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , unbeaten|
|Ground blanched almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated lemon peel||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cut up mixed candied peel||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Lemon And Orange Peels)|
Make 2 to 4 weeks ahead:
1. Sift flour with salt and nutmeg.
2. In medium bowl, combine sugar, honey, and egg. Stir in almonds, grated lemon peel, and lemon and orange peels. Gradually add flour mixture, stirring until well blended. Wrap dough in wax paper or saran; refrigerate at least 1 hour, or until easy to handle.
3. Start heating oven to 350Â°F.
4. On lightly-floured surface, roll out dough to Ms-inch thickness. Cut into 2-inch rounds and/or 3-by-1 1/2-inch rectangles. Place on greased cookie sheets.
5. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until done.
6. Cool on wire racks. Store in tightly-covered container for two to four weeks before serving. They keep well. Makes about 5 dozen.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1996 Calories from Fat 188
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.4%
Saturated Fat 3 g15.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg70.5%
Sodium 563.1 mg23.5%
Total Carbohydrates 423 g140.9%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g30.9%
Sugars 223.9 g
Protein 33 g65.6%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 16.8%
Calcium 8% Iron 109.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet