|Butter/Margarine||4 Ounce, softened (100 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|Plain flour||6 Ounce, sifted (175 Gram)|
|Ground almonds||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||1 Dash (To Sprinkle)|
1) Lightly grease two baking trays.
2) Cream the butter or margarine with the sugar until very soft, light and fluffy.
3) Gradually add the egg, beating continuously.
4) Mix together the flour and ground almonds, then work these dry ingredients into the creamed mixture to give a fairly soft dough.
5) Divide the dough in two and form each half into a roll 1 cm/ 1/2 in in diameter on a lightly floured board.
6) Cut off 7.5 cm/3 in lengths and form them into 'S' shapes on the prepared baking trays.
7) Bake in a moderate oven (180 C, 350 F, gas 4) for 20 minutes, or until the biscuits are lightly browned.
8) Sprinkle the jumbles with caster sugar immediately they are removed from the oven.
9) Leave to cool on the trays for a minute before transferring the biscuits to a wire rack to cool completely