1. In a saucepan pour cider and heat it.
2. Peel orange and set aside the peel strips.
3. Poke the orange with cloves and drop it into the simmering cider with orange peel.
4. Add cardamom, cloves, mixed spice, cinnamon sticks and brown sugar to the cider. Stir gently.
5. For making non-alcoholic version – Replace cider with apple juice, keeping rest of the ingredients same.
6. Strain the drinks once it’s simmered through.
7. Pour the spiced cider and apple juice into glasses and decorate with orange slices.