Pumpkin Punch Bowl with Hot Mulled Cider
|Cinnamon sticks||5 , broken into pieces (3-inch)|
|Pumpkin||1 Medium, washed and dried (about 12 inches in diameter)|
1) In a 6-quart kettle, place together cider, brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice and cloves.
2) Heat the cider mixture to boil.
3) Reduce the heat and cook uncovered for 30 minutes.
4) Cut a 2-inch slice from the top.
5) Scoop out the seeds from the pumpkin.
6) Remove and discard the pulp of the pumpkin.
7) Using a small saucepan, or a measuring, stream the cider mixture into pumpkin punch bowl and serve.
When cider has been used, prepare pumpkin shell for use. its flavour will be enhanced by the spicy cider.
If you want reserve the pumpkin seeds for toasted pumpkin seeds.