Chocolate Covered Doughnuts
|Dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Warm water||2 Tablespoon (105� To 115�F)|
|Warm milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (105� To 115�F)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Bread flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), divided|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate square||1 Ounce (1 Ounce Per Square)|
|Sifted powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Hot water||3 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. In a large mixing bowl add warm water and dissolve yeast in it.
2. Stir in next 5 ingredients and 1-cup flour.
3. Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes until mixed.
4. Add remaining flour and mix.
5. Cover and keep in a warm place (85°). Let rise for 1 hour until doubled in bulk.
6. Punch the dough. Lightly flour a flat surface and knead the dough for several times.
7. Roll dough into 1/2-inch thickness. Flour a 2 1/2-inch doughnut cutter and cut dough with it.
8. Lightly flour a flat surface and arrange doughnuts over it.
9. Cover and keep in a warm place (85°). Let rise for 30 minutes until doubled in bulk.
10. In a skillet heat 2 to 3 inches of oil to 375°.
11. Drop 4 or 5 doughnuts at a time and fry.
12. Cook for 1 minute on each side until golden.
13. Drain on paper towels.
14. To prepare chocolate glaze, in a saucepan melt butter and chocolate.
15. Take off from heat.
16. Mix remaining ingredients and beat.
17. Stir occasionally.
18. Dip warm doughnuts in chocolate glaze.
19. Cool and serve.