Ruby Red Grapefruit and Tequila Sorbet
|For simple syrup|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For tequila sorbet :|
|Grapefruit juice||5 Cup (80 tbs), freshly squeezed (From Texas Ruby Reds Or Any Pink Grapefruit)|
|Tequila||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Grand marnier liqueur||2 Tablespoon|
|Lime wedges||4 (For Garnish)|
|Mint sprigs||1 (For Garnish)|
1) Simple syrup: In a small saucepan, combine water and sugar together.
2) Stir continuously over a medium heat until the sugar is dissolved.
3) Allow the syrup to cool, then refrigerate until chilled.
4) In a large bowl, combine the chilled simple syrup, grape juice, Tequila and Grand Marnier together, until well blended.
5) Place the bowl in the refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
6) Freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker as per the directions until set.
7) Garnish the Ruby Red Grapefruit and Tequila Sorbet with a few lime wedges and mint sprigs and serve with butter cookies.
Calories 261 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.35 g0.53%
Saturated Fat 0.05 g0.24%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 14.8 mg0.6%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.54 g2.2%
Sugars 53.2 g
Protein 2 g3.3%
Vitamin A 1.5% Vitamin C 205.6%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 3.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet