|Orange bitters/Angostura bitters||3 Drop|
|Italian sweet vermouth||1 Ounce (1 part)|
|Amer picon||1⁄2 Ounce (1/2 part)|
|Brandy||3 Ounce (3 parts)|
|Orange rind strip||1 (fresh slice)|
1. In a cocktail shaker, put the ice cubes.
2. Shake the bitters over the ice and add the vermouth, Amer Picon and brandy; stir vigorously
3. Strain and pour into a chilled martini glass.
4. The best way to chill a glass is to pop a dry one in the freezer overnight. If you forgot to plan ahead, fill a shaker and glass with ice and set aside on the counter for several minutes. Dump out the melted ice when ready and pour in your ingredients.
5. Serve chilled as a refreshing summer drink and decorate with orange rind.
Amer Picon is an orange bitter cordial and if the orange bitter is being used it becomes a very strong orange-flavored cocktail. However, using Angostura bitters brings a good variation in taste and aroma.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 268 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.04 g0.06%
Saturated Fat 0 g0.02%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2.7 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.5%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 0.32 g0.64%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C 45.3%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 1.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet