Brandy Old Fashioned
|Angostura bitters||2 Drop|
|Brandy||1 Fluid Ounce (1 part)|
|Lemon rind slice||1|
1. In an old-fashioned glass, place the cube of sugar in the base.
2. Shake the bitters on to the sugar; swirl this until it spreads to the sides.
3. Put the ice cubes into the glass and pour the brandy over them; stir gently.
4. Twist the lemon rind over the drink.
5. Garnish with the cherry and serve cold as an excellent summer drink.
6. Decorate it with drink umbrellas and swizzle sticks.
Brandy is traditionally drunk neat at room temperature When drunk at room temperature, it is often slightly warmed by holding the glass cupped in the palm or by gently heating it. However, excessive heating of brandy may cause the alcohol vapor to become too strong.