Honey and Brandy Mousse
|Eggs||3 Small, separated|
|Clear honey||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Double cream||5 Fluid Ounce, lightly whipped (142 Milliliter)|
|Toasted nuts||2 Teaspoon (For Decoration)|
|Fan wafers||4 Ounce (For Serving)|
1) In a large bowl, add egg yolks, honey, lemon juice, brandy and water and beat till the mix is thick and light and the volume has doubled.
2) In another bowl, beat egg whites till stiff, then gently fold into the brandy mix. When done, fold in the cream.
3) Use 6 ramekins and scoop the mix into them. Place in freezer.
4) If you choose to freeze for later use, then open freeze till the mix turns solid.
5) Wrap in cling film and then foil, and store in polythene sealable bags. Can be stored in freezer for up to 2 months.
6) Serve with a sprinkle of nuts and a separate bowl of wafers at the side.
7) If using the frozen mousse, soften a little by refrigerating for 30 minutes before serving.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1559 Calories from Fat 823
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 99 g151.7%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g22.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 559 mg186.3%
Sodium 525.6 mg21.9%
Total Carbohydrates 124 g41.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18.2%
Sugars 74.2 g
Protein 26 g52.4%
Vitamin A 14.5% Vitamin C 23.2%
Calcium 124.9% Iron 73.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet