Cider Sauce with Sausages
|Pork chops||1 Pound (boneless)|
|Pork link sausages||8|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Dry hard cider||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Long grain rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1 Quart|
|Parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon, grated|
1) Cut the pork chops into bite-size pieces.
2) Cut each sausage in half to make 16 small sausages.
3) Peel and chop the onion and carrot.
4) Trim and chop the celery.
5) Quarter the tomatoes.
6) Peel and crush the garlic.
7) In a skillet, melt the lard and fry the pork and sausages gently, turning frequently, for 10 minutes.
8) Add the onion, tomatao, garlic and celery to the skillet with the cider and seasoning.
9) Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
10) In a saucepan, melt the butter, add the rice and fry, stirring, for 2 minutes.
11) Add the broth and bring to a boil, stirring.
12) Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes till rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
13) Remove the rice from the heat and add the cheese.
14) Taste and adjust the seasoning and fluff with a fork.
15) Pile rice into a warmed serving dish and arrange sausages and pork on top.
16) Spoon cider sauce over rice and sausages.
17) Serve immediately with a mixed salad.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3712 Calories from Fat 1714
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 194 g297.8%
Saturated Fat 75.1 g375.4%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 646.9 mg215.6%
Sodium 6342.6 mg264.3%
Total Carbohydrates 280 g93.5%
Dietary Fiber 9.9 g39.8%
Sugars 31.5 g
Protein 197 g393.6%
Vitamin A 257% Vitamin C 87.7%
Calcium 78.6% Iron 49.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet