|Active dry yeast/Compressed yeast- 1 cake||1⁄4 Ounce (1 package)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), scalded and cooled|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Eggs||4 , slightly beaten|
|Soft butter/Margarine||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Lemon rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Rum syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whipped cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2) In a cup pour very warm water (105°F.to 115°F.) and sprinkle dry yeast or lukewarm (80°F.to 90°F.) and sprinkle compressed yeast.
3) Let the yeast mixture stand for 5 minutes, and then stir to dissolve.
4) In a bowl, sift the flour and make a well in middle of it.
5) Pour in milk, yeast mixture, eggs, sugar and salt.
6) Beat he mixture with a spoon or with electric mixer until soft sticky dough is formed.
7) Using the hands beat for 2 minutes, pulling the dough and letting it slap back hard into the bowl.
8) Cover the bowl and let the dough rest for 45 minutes or until the dough is doubled in volume in warm place.
9) Stir using wooden spoon and add butter, beat with hands for 5 minutes.
10) Add in the lemon rind.
11) Pour the dough into a ring mould and let it rest and rise for 1 hour.
12) Bake in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
13) Remove from the oven, let it cool down a bit.
14) Turn out when still warm and spoon hot rum syrup over the too until well saturated.
15) Serve -warm with the centre filled with whipped cream.