Baked Brandy Snaps
|Almonds||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), ground|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange flavored liqueur||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. Prepare ungreased fifteen 1/2 x 12-inch cookie sheets that can contain 6 cookies per sheet
3. In a large bowl, place the almonds, butter, sugar and orange juice and mix well till combined
4. Prepare an 8-inch fry pan and tip the prepared mixture in the pan. Heat this mixture over low heat for 5-7 minutes till the butter melts and the mixture is thick
5. Drop heaping teaspoonfuls of the mixture on the prepared cookie sheets
6. Bake for 6-7 minutes in the preheated oven till golden. Let the cookies cook for a minute or two and then gently roll them over the handle of a spatula. They will then acquire a rolled shape. Roll them off the spatula handle and place them on wire racks to cool
7. In a large bowl, beat the cream well with the liqueur and fill the Super Shooter with the cream.
8. Pipe the cream into the prepared cookies and then dust them over with icing sugar.
9. Serve warm or at room temperature