1) In a large frying pan melt butter and stir in sugar.
2) With a wooden spoon, stir over heat until the sugar melts and turns golden, caramel brown.
3) Keep stirring until mixture browns evenly.
4) Mix orange juice and stir until caramel turns syrupy.
5) Drain apricots from juice and mix to the pan.
6) Stir the apricots gently until it gets glazed in syrup.
7) Add brandy and flame.
8) Take off from heat and add finely-grated orange rind and pour over the cream.
9) Blend the sauce.
10) Serve it over hot apricots.
11) Pass hot apricots with orange and brandy.
12) Serve with soft sponge fingers.