Gingered Brandy Snaps
|Plain flour||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled), ground|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Castor sugar||5 Ounce (150 Gram)|
|Golden syrup||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|For the filling|
|Double cream||1⁄2 Pint (3 Deciliter)|
1) Preheat oven moderate to 375°F, 190°C or Gas No. 5.
2) In a plate sift flour and ground ginger.
3) Cream butter and sugar together.
4) Mix around 1 rounded tablespoon syrup to it.
5) Mix flour and ground ginger.
6) Add to the dough, place on a working surface and knead until smooth.
7) Cover and let stand for 1 hour before using.
8) Line a baking tray with a sheet of silicone paper and place rounded teaspoon of mixture four at a time.
9) Flatten slightly with the palm of the hand.
10) Put at the center of oven and bake for about 10 minutes.
11) Remove from oven and let stand to cool for a few moments.
12) Slide a knife under each one immediately, turn over and wrap round the greased handle of a wooden spoon.
13) Let stand to set firm, slip them off, and be ready to make the next ones.
14) Let cold before filling.
15) Store in an airtight tin.
16) Fill only when ready to use.
17) Whip cream with brandy and using a nylon piping bag fitted with a rosette tube, pipe the cream into each one.
18) Serve hot.