Truffled Icecream With Cognac
|Water||4 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter)|
|Vanilla sugar||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Egg yolks||3 (At Room Temperature)|
|Double cream||1⁄2 Pint, whipped (300 Milliliter)|
|Cognac truffles||4 Ounce, chopped|
|Cognac/Brandy||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
1. In a large 600 ml (1 pint) heatproof glass measuring jug, tip in the sugar and the water
2. Microwave on MEDIUM uncovered for 2 minutes to ensure that the sugar is completely dissolved in the mix
3. Stir the mixture well
4. Microwave the syrup for a further 6 minutes on HIGH uncovered till thick bubbling syrup is formed. DO NOT STIR AT THIS STAGE. The temperature of the syrup should reach 110 Â°C (225Â°F).
5. Cool the syrup and then add the egg yolks to the syrup
6. Whisk the mixture till thick and fluffy
7. Add the double whipped cream to the egg mixture
8. Then pour the mixture into a shallow, freeze proof plastic container.
9. Cover, seal and fast freeze the mixture for 2-3hours or till solid
10. Remove from the freezer and add the chopped truffles and the liqueurs and freeze again for one hour
11. Before serving, remove the container from the freezer compartment and place in the refrigerator. Alternatively, place in the microwave for 20-25 seconds and microwave on HIGH, covered.
12. Serve cold