Brandy Apricot Trifle
|Custard||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lady fingers||1⁄2 Pound|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Make the custard and keep it aside. Allow to cool.
2) Rinse the apricots and dry them. Cut in halves and take out the pits.
3) In a pan, put the wine and sugar and slowly bring to a boil.
4) Once the sugar has dissolved, add the apricot halves and cook them in the syrup over low heat till they have softened. Keep aside and allow to cool.
5) In a glass bowl or serving dish, put the apricots and all over them, pour the brandy and syrup.
6) For decoration, keep aside 6 to 8 ladyfingers and break the remaining ladyfingers into small pieces.
7) Sprinkle the ladyfinger pieces all over the brandy and apricots, carefully stirring to allow the ladyfingers to absorb the liquid.
8) The custard should be now be almost at the setting point. Spoon it all over the apricots and chill the trifle in the fridge for about 120 minutes.
9) Serve chilled after piping the top with whipped cream and decorating with ladyfingers.