Apple Cider Stew
|Cubed beef||1 Pound, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Apple cider||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned green beans||16 Ounce, cut and drained (1 Can)|
|Canned potatoes||16 Ounce, sliced and drained (1 Can)|
1) In a casserole dish, combine beef, 1 cup cider, onion, catsup, salt, bay leaf, pepper and thyme. Mix well.
2) Cook covered on high power for 10 to 12 minutes.
3) Cook again, uncovered, on low power for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or until the beef turns tender, stirring as required.
4) Add the flour combined with remaining cider, beans and potatoes.
5) Cook on high power for 5 to 7 minutes or until the stew is thickened, stirring occasionally.
6) Serve hot with a slice of fresh, crusty bread.