Steamed Carp With Cider Sauce
|Dressed carp||4 Pound|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Apple cider||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Finely chopped green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Chopped pineapple||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), drained|
|Pineapple||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), drained and chopped|
1) In a pan, combine cider salt, water, and ginger and let it boil.
2) In a cheesecloth wrap the fish.
3) In a greased steamer rack placed the fish so that it doesn't touch the water.
4) Cover the pan and let it boil.
5) Let it steam for 20-25 minutes or until done.
6) Remove fish from pan and remove the cloth.
7) Let the cider mixture boil for sometimes until it reduces to half.
8) Dissolve cornstarch in cold water and stir in the mixture.
9) When the mixture begins to thicken, drizzle soy sauce and then stir in onion, green pepper, and pineapple.
10) Cook until done.
11) In a serving plate, serve the fish laden with the sauce on top.