Baked Cider Fondue
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Cider||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated apple||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||To Taste|
|Grated cheddar cheese||12 Ounce (3 Cups)|
|Diced white bread||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
1. In a saucepan scald milk with onion.
2. Add the cider, apple, seasonings, cheese and 2 cups diced bread and stir such that the cheese has melted.
3. In a bowl beat egg yolks and add to the apple mixture.
4. Whisk in egg whites such that stiff and fold into mixture.
5. Into a greased casserole pour the mixture, dot with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and remaining bread cubes.
6. In a moderately slow oven, bake for 1 1/4 hours or until golden brown.
7. Serve as a luncheon or supper dish with a salad.