|Apple cider||2 Quart|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole cloves||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Whole allspice||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a cheesecloth bag or a piece of muslin cloth, tie all the whole spices.
2. In a 3-quart slow cooker or crock pot, combine sugar and cider.
3. Throw the spice bag into the liquid along with the orange slices and give a good stir.
4. Cover the pot with its lid.
5. Simmer on LOW for 6 hours, stirring occassionally in the first 30 minutes until sugar dissolves.
6. Remove the spice bag from the pot before serving.
7. Ladle the cider into warmed mugs or pour into a warmed punch bowl and ladle into punch glasses, serve as desired.