|Pork fillet||1 1⁄2 Pound, trimmed of fat and cut into 1 inch cubes (750 Gram)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Walnut oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Medium dry cider||1⁄4 Pint (15 Centiliter)|
|Orange||1 , rind grated, juice extracted|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh thyme/1 tsp dried thyme||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated fresh gingerroot||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Arrowroot||4 Teaspoon, dissolved in 3 tablespoon cider|
|Cider||3 Tablespoon (To Dissolve Arrowroot)|
1) Take a large casserole and combine together all the ingredients except pork and the arrowroot mixture in it.
2) Mix in pork and keep the mixture covered in refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours for marination.
3) Ensure to soak the cubes evenly by stirring the meat once or twice during the marinating time.
4) Place the covered casserole in oven and cook on medium for about 10 minutes until the meat is soft, stirring once.
5) Mix in arrowroot and cider mixture and again microwave for about 5 minutes on high, stirring once, until the liquid becomes thick.
6) Serve hot.
Calories 195 Calories from Fat 64
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11%
Saturated Fat 0.25 g1.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2.3 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.7%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 23 g45.2%
Vitamin A 3.6% Vitamin C 28.5%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 3.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet