Pumpkin Gateau with Caramel and Brandy Sauce
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pureed yellow pumpkin||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Powdered cinnamon||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon, freshly grated|
|Star anise||1 Teaspoon, powdered|
|Sodium bicarbonate||1 Teaspoon|
|Castor sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brandy sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Castor sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Thick cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (With A Pinch Of Sodium Bicarbonate)|
1. Preheat oven to 380 degree F
2. Grease a cake tin with oil and line it with butter paper.
3. Take a bowl and beat eggs till well blended.
4. Slowly beat in oil and pureed pumpkin and set aside.
5. In a large bowl sieve flour, spice powders, salt and sodium bicarbonate and mix in sugar.
6. Gradually add pumpkin mixture and mix well with a metal spoon.
7. Spoon batter into prepared cake tin and gently tap tin on the table to spread batter evenly and settle air bubbles.
8. Bake in preheated oven for about 45 minutes, till skewer comes out clean
9. Remove cake from oven and let it cool in the tin for about 5 minutes.
10. Turn out cake and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
11. Combine sugar, water and brandy in a saucepan an heat over low heat, stirring till sugar dissolves.
12. Continue boiling, without stirring till syrup turns to caramel and is thick.
13. Remove pan from heat and stir in cream.
14. Pour the sauce over the cake and serve sliced into pieces.