Cider Beef with Mushrooms
|Beef shin||1 1⁄2 Pound, trimmed and cubed|
|Onions||3 , skinned and sliced|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Button mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound|
1) Keep the onions and meat overnight in the cider marinade.
2) Next day, drain the meat and onions and reserve the marinade.
3) In a frying pan, melt the margarine.
4) Saute in the pan, meat and onion until meat is sealed and brown from all the sides.
5) In a 2 2/1 pt. casserole, tranfer the meat and onion.
6) Remove the pan from the flame and add flour into the fat.
7) Gradually, stir in the cider marinade.
8) Return the pan to the heat and add mushrooms.
9) Season the mushrooms with salt and pepper.
10) Pour the sauce over the meat.
11) Cover the casserole and in oven cook it at 325 degree F for 3 hours.
12) Cool it.
13) Reheat before serving.
Calories 415 Calories from Fat 178
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.6%
Saturated Fat 7 g34.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 74.8 mg24.9%
Sodium 214.3 mg8.9%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 12 g
Protein 37 g74.6%
Vitamin A 2.6% Vitamin C 13.7%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 23.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet