Cider Chicken with Apple
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Frozen chicken joints||4 , thawed|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Onion||1 , skinned and sliced|
|Flour||2 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄4 Pint|
|Fresh sage leaves||4|
|Cooking apples||2 Large, peeled, cored and sliced thickly into rings|
1) Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
2) In a pan, heat the butter and oil together.
3) Fry the seasoned chicken until brown from all sides.
4) In a casserole, place the drained chicken.
5) In the heated pan, fry the onions and stir flour.
6) Cook for around 2-3 minutes.
7) Remove pan from the heat and put cider and stock.
8) Return pan to flame and while stirring boil the stock.
9) Add sage to the pan and seaspn it.
10) Over the chicken in casserole, pur the sauce.
11) Cover it and in oven cook at 325 degrees F for 1 1/2 hours.
12) Remove from oven, top with apple rings and cook for another 30 minutes.
13) Serve hot after removing excess fat from the top.