Mincemeat Cake With Brandy Butter Topping
|Plain flour||8 Ounce, sifted (225 Gram)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Soda bicarbonate||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground mixed spice||1 Teaspoon|
|Caster sugar||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Pint (At Room Temperature, 150 Milliliter)|
|Butter||4 Ounce, softened (100 Gram)|
|Butter||1 Teaspoon (To Grease Tin)|
|Grated lemon rind||1|
|Eggs||2 Medium, beaten|
|Mincemeat||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Butter||2 Ounce, softened (50 Gram)|
|Icing sugar||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Brandy||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Brazil nuts||1 Tablespoon (To Decorate)|
1. Let the oven heat to 325°F (170°C/Gas 3) and grease and line an 18 cm (7 in) square tin.
2. Combine together the flour, baking powder, soda and spice.
3. Put in the sugar, milk, butter and lemon rind and beat until smooth.
4. Slowly add the eggs and beat thoroughly.
5. Put in the mincemeat and stir in well.
6. Into the prepared tin pour and let it bake for 1 hour until firm.
7. Take out of the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out on to a wire rack to cool completely.
8. Cream the butter and icing sugar together until light and fluffy, and then beat in the brandy.
9. Spread on to the cake and swirl a knife blade through the icing to create a pattern.
10. Decorate with the brazil nuts.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4106 Calories from Fat 1660
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 189 g290.3%
Saturated Fat 106.1 g530.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 862 mg287.3%
Sodium 1771.5 mg73.8%
Total Carbohydrates 536 g178.7%
Dietary Fiber 8.5 g33.8%
Sugars 344.6 g
Protein 62 g123.8%
Vitamin A 98.6% Vitamin C 10.9%
Calcium 101.6% Iron 22.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet