Lacy Brandy Cups
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven moderately to 350° F (180°C).
2) Take cookie sheets and grease lightly.
3) In a saucepan mix butter, sugar and corn syrup and heat. Do not use a non-stick saucepan for this recipe.
4) Stir till the ingredients have melted and mixed.
5) Take off from heat.
6) In a small bowl mix brandy and stir in flour, ginger and nutmeg.
7) Pout on the saucepan and stir to blend all ingredients.
8) Keep the mixture hot placing saucepan in another pan of boiling water over medium heat.
9) On the cookies sheets place 3-4 rounded tablespoons and bake each cookie sheet at a time.
10) Take off from oven when cookies turn golden around the edges.
11) Let stand for 1-2 minutes on cookie sheets and remove quickly.
12) Lay on the bottom of an up-ended glass to retain the cup shape.
13) Let it cool completely before serving.
14) Before serving fill with ice cream, sherbet, flavored whipped cream or mousse.