|Whole buckwheat grain/Split buckwheat grain||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 350°.
2) Use an ungreased frying pan to place the buckwheat.
3) Break an egg over the pan and mix properly.
4) Place the frying pan on reduced heat.
5) Keep on stirring to coat each individual grain with egg.
6) Use a baking dish, to place the egg-coated buckwheat.
7) Season with salt and butter. Pour in boiling water to cover.
8) Cover with a lid and place inside oven to bake for an hour or until thoroughly cooked.
9) Add water in little quantity in every 20 minutes to prevent scorching the grains.
10) Serve like rice with your choice of side dish.
Calories 366 Calories from Fat 84
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.8%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 69 mg23%
Sodium 269.9 mg11.2%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.3%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 12 g23.2%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C
Calcium 2.3% Iron 13%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet