Maids Of Honor Tarts
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cottage cheese||6 Ounce, sieved|
|Golden raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Almonds||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sifted|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Almond extract||2 Drop|
1) Preheat the oven to 450 to 475°F, Gas Mark 7 to 8.
2) Take a bowl and sieve the flour and salt into it.
3) Mix vigorously one-third of butter or margarine to this until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
4) Pour in enough water to make the dough elastic.
5) Take a lightly floured board and roll out the dough to an oblong on it.
6) Cut the left over fat into small pieces.
7) Take two-thirds of the dough and dot it with half the fat pieces.
8) Take the third dough portion and fold the three sides like an envelope.
9) Arrange the pastry so that the open end is facing you.
10) Roll this out again into an oblong, dot with the remaining fat, fold and turn.
11) Repeat the roll out, fold and allow chilling.
12) Dough should be wafer-thin after rolling out.
13) Make out 12 to 15 circles to line fairly deep 3 inch (7 1/2 cm.) diameter patty tins.
14) Pour one teaspoon of jam into each tin.
15) Mix and beat well all the remaining filling ingredients.
16) Put this filling into the pastry cases over the jam.
17) Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
18) Minimize the oven temperature to moderate, 350°F, Gas Mark 4, and bake again for 15 minutes.
19) Let cool.
20) Mix the icing (confectioners') sugar with enough water till it attains a flowing consistency and serve as the topping.
21) Add in the almond essence (extract).
22) Pour a little of this on each little cake and allow setting.
23) Serve as a dessert.