Loin Of Pork With Caramelized Apples And Cider
|For the loin of pork|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Soft brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Pork loin||1 Pound, cut into thick slices (1 Loin, 450 Gram)|
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Dry cider||7 Fluid Ounce (200 Milliliter)|
|Chicken stock||7 Fluid Ounce (200 Milliliter)|
|Creme fraiche||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped (Handful Of)|
|For the sauteed potatoes|
|Onions||2 , chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Cooked new potatoes||18 Ounce, quartered (1 Pound 2 Ounce / 500 Grams)|
|Smoked bacon lardons||6 Ounce (140 - 175 Gram)|
1. Peel, core and slice 3 of the apples into rings. Finely dice the remaining apple.
2. In a nonstick skillet, heat oil and butter.
3. Add sugar and stir to dissolve
4. Add apple rings and sauté till evenly browned.
5. Using a slotted spoon, remove apples into a bowl and set aside for garnishing.
6. To the same skillet, add more oil.
7. Add pork slices and brown evenly on both sides. Remove from the pan to a plate and set aside.
8. Add the sliced onions and sauté until softened.
9. Return pork slices to the pan and add diced apple garlic, and season. Sauté for 2 minutes.
10. Pour in the cider, stock and add bay leaves and thyme
11. Bring to a boil, reduce the flame and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until the pork is tender.
12. In a skillet, heat a little oil and butter.
13. Sauté the onions and garlic for 2 minutes till soft.
14. Add potatoes, bacon, thyme and seasonings to the pan.
15. Sauté for 8 to 10 minutes or until potatoes and bacon are golden and crisp.
16. Remove the pork to a serving platter.
17. Simmer the gravy for 2 to 3 minutes.
18. Stir creme fraiche and parsley into gravy and heat on low flame.
19. Reheat apple rings in non stick pan.
20. Arrange pork slices on dinner plates.
21. Spoon sauce over the pork
22. Arrange potatoes on one side and apple rings on the other.