|Light corn syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to slow (300° F.).
2. Heat the syrup and molasses to boiling. Remove from heat and add butter.
3. Sift together the flour, sugar and ginger. Add gradually, while stirring, to molasses mixture. Mix well. Add brandy.
4. Drop by half-teaspoonfuls three inches apart on a greased cookie sheet. Bake ten minutes.
5. Remove from oven, loosen one cookie at a time and roll over handle of a wooden spoon. Slip off carefully. Serve filled with whipped cream.
Calories 576 Calories from Fat 204
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.8%
Saturated Fat 14.5 g72.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60.5 mg20.2%
Sodium 25.1 mg1%
Total Carbohydrates 90 g30.1%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4%
Sugars 50.8 g
Protein 4 g7.2%
Vitamin A 14.1% Vitamin C 0.15%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 14.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet