Apple Cider Veal Stew
|Flour||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (5 Milliliter)|
|Pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (1 Milliliter)|
|Thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon (1 Milliliter)|
|Veal||1 Pound, cubed (450 Gram)|
|Vegetable oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Apple cider||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Water||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Vinegar||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Carrots||2 , diced|
|Potatoes||2 , diced|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Celery stalk||1 , sliced|
|Apple||1 , peeled and diced|
– In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper and thyme.
– Dredge veal cubes with flour.
– In an enamelled cast iron casserole, heat oil to smoking, and sear veal cubes. Pour off the fat.
– Pour apple cider, water, and vinegar over veal cubes, bring to a boil, stirring from time to time.
– Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook for 30 minutes or until meat is tender.
– Add vegetables and apple to simmering stew, cook 15 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.