Spicy Peanut Chicken Stew
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , thinly sliced|
|Finely chopped ginger||2 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander seed||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Scotch bonnet chilli||3 (1-3)|
|Chopped tomato||1 Cup (16 tbs) (250 mL)|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs) (250mL)|
|Peanut butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (125 mL)|
|Chicken thigh/Chicken drumstick||800 Gram, skinned|
|Sweet potato||2 , cut into chunks|
|Red pepper||1 , deseeded and cut into chunks|
|Cilantro||10 Gram, chopped (handful)|
|Chopped cilantro||1 Tablespoon|
1. Heat a large Dutch oven and fry the onion in oil over medium high flame for 5 minutes to soften.
2. Add the ginger, cumin, coriander, cayenne, black pepper, chilies and bay leaf. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Stir in chopped tomato, stock, and peanut butter.
4. Add in the chicken, cover with lid and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring frequently to make sure that the peanut butter doesn't stick to the base of the pan.
5. Stir in the sweet potatoes, peppers and cilantro. Cover and cook for another 30 minutes.
6. Garnish with cilantro and serve over rice.
Calories 316 Calories from Fat 142
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.3%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g16%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 83.9 mg28%
Sodium 249.2 mg10.4%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.2%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 25 g50.7%
Vitamin A 128.5% Vitamin C 45.9%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 13.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet