Falafel And Hummus Platter
|Dry chickpeas||4 Cup (64 tbs), divided (for falafel and hummus)|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chop|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|No salt seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chickpea flour/All purpose flour||6 Tablespoon (2-6 or bread crumbs)|
|Himalayan salt||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Grapeseed oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For deep frying as needed)|
|Parsley/Cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Juice of lemon/Lime||1⁄2|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Tahini paste/Sesame paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Cooking liquid||2 Tablespoon (from chickpeas)|
1. In a large mixing bowl, soak chickpeas in water for about 12-24 hours or 48 hours, changing water as and when required. Wash thoroughly under cold water and set aside.
2. Take 2 cups (for falafel) of soaked chickpeas, cover it with cold water and pop in refrigerator until ready to use.
3. In slow cooker, pour the remaining chickpeas and cover it with water. Add salt, cover with lid and cook on HIGH for 4 ½ hours or until done.
4. In mixer, add onion, garlic, parsley, and cilantro. Blitz well and transfer it to a bowl.
5. Put soaked raw chickpeas into the mixer and blend until the mixture resembles like sand.
6. Transfer blended chickpeas to a bowl and add the cilantro onion mixture to it.
7. Add ground cumin, no salt seasoning, sesame seed, baking powder, chickpea flour, and salt. Mix well. Cover and pop in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
8. Preheat oil to 350 degree F.
9. Roll mixture into small balls and deep fry in oil for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Place on paper towel to drain.
10. In mixer, add garlic, chopped parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, black pepper, tahini paste, 1 ½ cups of cooked chickpeas, and cooking liquid. Blend well.
11. On a platter spread hummus and place fried falafel on top. Garnish with parsley and serve hot.
Soaked raw chickpeas- 2 cups
Cooked chickpeas- 1 1/2 cups
Calories 396 Calories from Fat 92
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.5%
Saturated Fat 1 g5.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 856.7 mg35.7%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.5%
Dietary Fiber 15.9 g63.5%
Sugars 10.4 g
Protein 19 g37.8%
Vitamin A 9.9% Vitamin C 20.7%
Calcium 17.8% Iron 36.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet