1. In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast in little water. Set aside.
For the batter
2. In a large mixing bowl, add the banana and mash them. Put the sugar and stir to mix well. Add the salt and egg and continue to mix till incorporated.
3. Slowly add the flour while continuously whisking to avoid lumps. Mix till combined. Pour the yeast mixture and mix well. Set aside to rise for around 1 hour ( at least 30 minutes).
4. In a deep frying pan, heat oil on medium heat.
5. Take small portions of the batter (either with hand or spoon) and put it in the hot oil carefully.
6. Fry them till golden brown on all sides. Transfer them on to paper towels to drain off excess oil.
7. In a serving plate, serve the banana fritters hot.
Banana can be replaced with vanilla sugar, grated onion or egg.