Roasted Pork Chops With Sweet And Sour South African Nectarines
|For the sweet and sour nectarines|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Nectarines/Peach||3 , halved|
|Onion||2 Small, sliced|
|Spring onion||2 , sliced diagonally|
|Orange juice||250 Milliliter|
|Sherry vinegar||190 Milliliter|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Cardamom||5 , split in half|
|For the pork|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pork loin chops||4|
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC, fan 180ºC, gas mark 6, ready to roast the pork.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-low heat. Add the nectarines (cut side down), onion slices and spring onions. Cook them until the nectarines caramelize and the onions have just begun to soften (about 20 minutes). Remove the pan from the heat and transfer to a plate.
3. Meanwhile, make the sweet and sour glaze. Bring the orange juice, vinegar, honey, pepper, and cardamom to a simmer in a large saucepan over high heat. Lower the heat to medium to maintain a gentle simmer and reduce the sauce until it is thick and syrupy (about 20 minutes).
4. Combine the brown sugar, pepper, chili powder, paprika, and garlic salt and oil in a small bowl. Rub the seasoning mix over the pork, coating the meat generously with all of it.
5. Roast the seasoned pork chops on a foil lined baking tray for 25 minutes.
6. Serve pork chops with the nectarines, onions and sweet and sour glaze.