|Ground egusi||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Palm oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried fish||1 Teaspoon (or smoked. fresh fish)|
|Beef||200 Gram, cut into small pieces (or goat meat)|
|Chicken||150 Gram, cut into pieces (Optional)|
|Onion||2 Large, sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Thyme leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Curry leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomato||1 Large, mashed|
|Tomato paste||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Fresh chilli pepper||1 Pinch (or chilli powder (to taste))|
|Ground shrimp||1 Teaspoon (or ground crayfish)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
1. Clean and chop the beef into small pieces.
2. Clean and cut the chicken into pieces (if using it).
3. If using dry fish cook the fish in water.
4. Mix dry Egusi with water, make a paste. Keep aside.
5. In a pot, take beef and chicken pieces. Add onion, garlic, thyme, black pepper, bouillon cube and curry powder.
6. Pour enough water to cook the meat, cover and cook for 30 minutes or till meat is tender.
7. Add the fish and cook for 10 more minutes.
8. In another pan, heat oil and put the onions. Stir and cook till translucent.
9. Add tomatoes and tomato paste. Stir, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
10. Put ground dry shrimp, chilli powder and egusi paste. Stir well to mix.
11. Cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
12. Pour the cooked meat mixture and continue cooking.
13. Add the greens as desired and cook till done.
14. Take a serving bowl, pour the stew into it and serve hot with pounded yam or gari.