1. In a food processor, grind the nuts and seeds until fine, then pour them into a bowl.
2. Grind the dried fruit next, and stir by hand into the nuts and seeds until it makes a soft dough.
3. Divide into 8 sections. Cut wax/parchment paper into 4-inch x 8-inch rectangles and place one scoop of batter onto each paper, shaping into a bar with a knife.
4. Freeze for at least 10 minutes. Eat immediately, or cover with chocolate sauce and freeze again.
5. To make the chocolate sauce, melt those ingredients in a double boiler. Stir or blend until creamy. Pour over chilled energy bars.
Energy bars are tasty as they contain nuts, dried fruits and a range of tasty nick-nacks but they are hugely expensive and very difficult to store. We loved this version as viewers can make them at home and then dip in in chocolate to make a children's snack as well.