Peas and Beef - Recette de petit pois - African Cuisine
|Fresh peas||500 Gram, cooked until tender (or pre-cooked peas)|
|Beef meat||500 Gram, cut into small pieces|
|Onion||2 , sliced, divided|
|Tomato||1 , chopped finely or mashed|
|Garlic clove||2 , chopped finely|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (more or less as needed)|
1. Cook peas for 1 hour or until tender.
2. In a bowl, combine beef, 1 sliced onion, chicken bouillon, garlic, tomato, salt, and pepper.
3. Heat oil in a pan and fry the beef with all the ingredients for 10 minutes.
4. Pour water and cook for 10-15 minutes.
5. Add the pre cooked peas, salt and simmer for another 20 minutes or until oil starts floating on top.
6. Stir regularly and add the remaining onion.
7. Serve with bread and enjoy.
Calories 517 Calories from Fat 273
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.1%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 77.6 mg25.9%
Sodium 595.3 mg24.8%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g8.9%
Dietary Fiber 8 g32%
Sugars 11.1 g
Protein 34 g67.9%
Vitamin A 24.3% Vitamin C 99.3%
Calcium 6% Iron 26.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet