Groundnut Soup with Chicken - African Food
|Whole chicken||1⁄2 , cleaned and cut into pieces|
|Vegetable oil/Peanut oil||100 Milliliter|
|Fresh tomatoes||2 , mashed|
|Onion||4 , sliced (3 small, 1 big)|
|Garlic clove||2 (more or less as needed)|
|Concentrated tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken bouillon cube||1|
|Peanut butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Chili||To Taste (Optional)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Water||700 Milliliter (hot water recommended)|
1. In oil, brown the chicken and keep aside.
2. In another pan, combine tomato, onion, garlic, tomato paste, and chicken bouillon. Stir fry the mixture with 2 tablespoons of oil for 10 minutes.
3. Add some water and the peanut butter. Cook for 15 minutes.
4. Season with chili, black pepper, salt and simmer for 10 more minutes.
5. Add the fried chicken and heat for 10 minutes.
6. Serve with rice and enjoy.
Calories 766 Calories from Fat 526
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g91.1%
Saturated Fat 12.5 g62.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 140.6 mg46.9%
Sodium 437.5 mg18.2%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.9%
Sugars 8.7 g
Protein 40 g79.6%
Vitamin A 21.2% Vitamin C 38.1%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 15%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet