Chicken with peanut butter also known as Maffe Tiga or Tiga Degae is a well known dish in Guinea and in most African countries. Even though people may cook it in some little different ways, varying from one country to another, some with beef, others with fish or chicken, the outcome is always great. Try this Maffe tiga with chicken and I guaranty that you’ll love it.
1⁄2 , cleaned and cut into pieces
Vegetable oil/Peanut oil
2 , mashed
4 , sliced (3 small, 1 big)
2 (more or less as needed)
Concentrated tomato paste
Chicken bouillon cube
To Taste (Optional)
700 Milliliter (hot water recommended)
1. In oil, brown the chicken and keep aside.
2. In another pan, combine tomato, onion, garlic, tomato paste, and chicken bouillon. Stir fry the mixture with 2 tablespoons of oil for 10 minutes.
3. Add some water and the peanut butter. Cook for 15 minutes.
4. Season with chili, black pepper, salt and simmer for 10 more minutes.
5. Add the fried chicken and heat for 10 minutes.