Fish balls stew also called soupe de boulette de poisson in some west African countries .The fish balls are cooked in a tomato stew with some vegetables. The stew is serve with rice, couscous , yams or even with some spaghetti. The preparation will take you sometime but the outcome is so worthy. Try this stew and you will love it for the rest of your life.
3 Clove (15 gm)
1 Large, minced
3 Clove (15 gm), grated
Red chilli/Green chili
Black pepper/White pepper
2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)
1. Remove bones and skin from the fish or use fish fillet.
2. Grind the fish in a food processor with some salt.
3. Grind the onion, garlic, bouillon cube, chili pepper and black pepper in a food processor.
4. Mix the fish with the onion mixture and peanut butter.
5. Mix well, add the corn flour if you want.
6. Grease your hands and shape the fish mixture into small balls.
7. Heat the oil on medium and fry the fish balls until brown.
8. Remove and reserve.
9. In a big bowl, mash the fresh tomatoes with a little bit of water.
10. Add the tomato paste, minced onion, grated garlic, bouillon cube, black pepper.
11. Heat the oil and add the tomato mixture.
12. Let simmer at low heat for 5 to 10 minutes or until it’s thickened and you can see the oil.
13. Add your vegetables and water.
14. Bring to boil and add the fish balls.
15. Let simmer for 20 minutes.
16. Add salt and pepper to your taste.