African Fish Ball Stew
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Peanut butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Chilli peppers||To Taste|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, minced|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), grated|
|Red chilli/Green chili||To Taste|
|Cooking oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper/White pepper||To Taste|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
|Corn flour||1 Tablespoon|
1. Remove bones and skin from the fish or use fish fillet.
2. Grind the fish in a food processor with some salt.
3. Grind the onion, garlic, bouillon cube, chili pepper and black pepper in a food processor.
4. Mix the fish with the onion mixture and peanut butter.
5. Mix well, add the corn flour if you want.
6. Grease your hands and shape the fish mixture into small balls.
7. Heat the oil on medium and fry the fish balls until brown.
8. Remove and reserve.
9. In a big bowl, mash the fresh tomatoes with a little bit of water.
10. Add the tomato paste, minced onion, grated garlic, bouillon cube, black pepper.
11. Heat the oil and add the tomato mixture.
12. Let simmer at low heat for 5 to 10 minutes or until it’s thickened and you can see the oil.
13. Add your vegetables and water.
14. Bring to boil and add the fish balls.
15. Let simmer for 20 minutes.
16. Add salt and pepper to your taste.
17. Serve with rice or yams. Enjoy!
Calories 1320 Calories from Fat 1129
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 128 g196.6%
Saturated Fat 17.1 g85.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65.1 mg21.7%
Sodium 776.2 mg32.3%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 28 g56.6%
Vitamin A 14.5% Vitamin C 31.7%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 9.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet